Posted by : Unknown Thursday, October 20, 2005

Today I bought breakfast in the congressional office buildings' cafeteria. I paid $2 and some change for a bagel, cream cheese, and medium coffee. Anywhere else in downtown D.C., I would have paid about $5 for the same meal. Does this seems backwards to anybody but me?? It is not okay for working class people to pay more than twice as much for a product while the people who can afford inflation are not being affected. These people aren't living in reality. They sit up on Capitol Hill and spew propoganda to make it look like they're working for the average person-who they can't even relate to. You have to have money to even get into positions of power. How is this representative of the average American?? But I guess it's okay because they voted to forgo their annual salary increase. They want the money to go to the victims of Katrina (who they kicked out of shelters and placed in hotels that cost anywhere from $11 million to $22 million/day, depending on who you ask) who need assistance until being placed in new homes in a couple of months. I don't know about you, but if me and everybody I know sacrificied our yearly raise, we wouldn't be able to rent hotels for the evacuees for one day. Is this fair representation??

- Copyright © LIVity - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -