Posted by : Unknown Monday, July 20, 2015


Life is truly funny. A couple of years ago, I revived this blog because I was in a life-defining moment and needed a space to sort through my thoughts. Recently, I've entered another one of those moments - just really needing some change in my life and embracing the fact that the only way I can bring that about is by making bigger, more directed strides toward my goals.  And even though I'm still working through my thoughts through endless writing, this time around I'm being selfish and only writing for myself.  I'm working on a piece that's different from anything I've every written because not only is it very personal, but I'm also tying it into a well-known, spiritual concept. I'm not sure what I plan to do with it once it's finished, so I don't want to spill anymore beans; just wanted to let you all know why I haven't been around. 

Anyway, beyond writing, I've also  been in my creative space in other ways.  I finished my skirt just in time to start refreshing my fall, work wardrobe!

Here are the steps it took me to get there:

Preparing the lining's hem. Using the gauge to make sure the lining is folded an inch and a half all the way around. Got to make sure it's not hanging beyond the hem of the skirt!

Preparing the skirt's hem. This time, I used the gauge to make sure the skirt's hem is folded at 5/8ths of an inch. It came in right under the skirt's lining.

Sewing the skirt's hem at 3/8ths of an inch.
 
Preparing the hook and eye closure for the waistband right above the zipper.
All finished! 

And just because it's been such a long time since I started this project, here's the YouTube link to the first of four Mimi G lessons that got me through reading the pattern for this skirt. You should be able to find the rest of the videos using YouTube's sidebar.  And, I'm sure a fabric store would have the physical pattern, but I didn't want to risk the not having it, so I ordered mine on Amazon.


Also, I finally made it to one of those sip and paint classes that are so popular in the DC area (I took mine via a Groupon at Visarts Studio - beautiful facility btw).  Here's the end result. 


At first I was determined to find a dark closet to hang it, but it kind of grew on me, so I hung it right outside of my up and coming craft room. It's okay to not be perfect if it's leading the way into a creative space, amiright?

Well, I know that was a lot, so until next time,

~ With ♥ from Halima

www.facebook.com/hklivity   www.instagram.com/midnytebloom   twitter.com/midnytebloom






- Copyright © LIVity - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -