Posted by : Unknown Monday, March 09, 2015

In the process of making art, do you fall in love with the tools for creation or with the resulting piece of work? I ask because I was reading How to Attract More Love In Your Life. an article by Mommy Noire, and ran across this:
"We are all moved by human drama."
I didn't think much of it until later when I started thinking about the people I've known over the course of my life.  People who have bonded with me over a specific trauma, but are absent in other areas of my life. What allows us to align with the negative experiences that shape a person, but not necessarily feel the person that emerges from the experience?

Empathy? Lack of facts? Maybe.

Or maybe Michelangelo's famous quote applies to humans as well.

“Every block of stone has a statue inside it and it is the task of the sculptor to discover it” 
Since I've been reading Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking, I've been thinking about parts of my personality I've always thought were shaped by life events. For instance, I attributed my reserved nature to my learning that, there are some things you just don't talk about. But looking back, I realize I was always shy.  Always the toddler peaking out from behind my mom's legs.  So yea, life situations may have enhanced my reluctance, but the statue inside of me was always there so to speak.

And I'm assuming others are like this as well.  The tools or experiences that shape someone else - no matter how much they resemble situations I've been through - will not produce the same result because their inner statue is fundamentally different.

So yea, I can offer advice and my advice may actually get someone through a life season, but it may not necessarily produce a kindred spirit. And that's okay.  We're all masterpieces in our own right.

~ With ♥ from Halima





- Copyright © LIVity - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -