Posted by : Unknown Tuesday, September 06, 2005


This kind of goes hand and hand with yesterday's post. The title of this post is a direct quote from hip-hop artist Talib Kweli's song entitled "Around My Way.' I think this quote is applicable to most of the nation. I feel like it takes a tragedy for the nation to take pride in itself. It took an act of terroism for flags to be freely displayed by American born citizens. Immigrants take more pride in this country than we do. Maybe it's just a cultural difference that makes them proud of who they are and makes them want to let others know about this self love. Maybe it's because they realize how fortunate this country has been to not have widespread poverty and wars. Maybe we as Americans are ungrateful. I don't know, it is as the title of my blog suggests "just some thoughts." One more Kweli quote before I go. This one is from his song entitled 'Beautiful Struggle,' "You try to vote and participate in the government and the [mf] Democrats is actin' like Republicans" This is pretty self-explanatory and I agree 110% although I do commend Clinton and Bush on being able to work together in times of need.

- Copyright © LIVity - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -